Job Posting: Youth Leadership Coordinator
Youth Leadership Coordinator, NHS Cares (Part-Time)
Position Description: NHS Cares is a nonprofit serving the adjacent communities of New Hope Borough, and Solebury Township, PA. We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, and locally-based Youth Leadership Coordinator to join our community coalition coordination team. The goal of our coalition is to mobilize our many community sectors to collaborate in preventing and reducing youth substance use through a combination of program, practice, and policy changes. This work is funded through a multi-year federal Free Communities (DFC) Support Program grant, directed by the Office of National Drug Control Policy in collaboration with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. The Youth Leadership Coordinator has the exciting and important job of creating and managing professional development opportunities for New Hope-Solebury youth, and establishing coalition protocols, policies, and procedures that give youth equal partnership in all of our work.
- Remain up-to-date about the best practices for youth leadership development and youth engagement, and incorporate these into the work.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the NHSD School District, the PSIC youth club, and other community partners for youth activities and initiatives.
- Lead the development of a Youth Advisory Council that is actively engaged in planning and carrying out the coalition’s strategic plans.
- Work with school district staff and other organizations to develop initiatives for identifying, recruiting, training, and retaining young leaders to support coalition work.
- Serve as a mentor and supervisor to youth members and volunteers.
- Expand work at the lower/upper elementary, and middle school levels.
- Collaborate with coalition staff to create and implement evidence-based, community-level youth programming and initiatives that align with the coalition’s mission.
- Formalize youth leadership opportunities into the structure of NHS Cares (i.e. Internship Program, Volunteer Projects).
- Attend staff meetings, coalition meetings, and other meetings, as needed.
- Support and manage various additional projects, as requested (i.e. preparing federal reports, collecting data, planning coalition meetings, etc.)
- Regularly participate in community events with the goal of developing new relationships and partnerships to support youth engagement.
- Attend professional development conferences and training opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or a Bachelor’s in progress) is required.
- Prior experience coordinating projects with youth is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience managing volunteers, making presentations to various audiences, and planning/managing meetings is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer proficiency including Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with popular social media platforms.
- Have a reliable car and be able to travel within and around New Hope-Solebury.
- Must be able to pass the mandatory NHS District background check requirements for criminal history and child abuse.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Lives in, or within reasonable driving distance from New Hope-Solebury.
Personal Characteristics: We are looking for a collaborative, self-starting, and creative problem solver. This person needs to be adaptable to varying schedule changes and be willing to perform a wide variety of tasks as well as change focus quickly as the work evolves. You must be able to manage your responsibilities with little, to no supervision.
Job Type: Part-time (consultant status); 15-20 hours per week; Does not report to an office for daily work; some travel required; Reports to the NHS Cares Project Director.
Contract Rate: $18-24 an hour (depending on education and experience)
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Monday, May 15, 2017. Please include in the subject line, “Youth Leadership Coordinator”.
For more information about NHS Cares visit our website at www.nhscares.org or visit us on Facebook.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING INVOLVED WITH THE COALITION?
Your thoughts, ideas, and energy are important. We need your participation as we strive to educate parents and youth, establish healthy community norms, and create policies and practices that contribute to the creation of a safe and healthy environment for raising kids. Coalition meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month (except July and August) in the New Hope-Solebury High School Library.
Interested in volunteering for NHS Cares? Fill out the interest form below and scan/email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or for more information, contact us at email@example.com